Please log in to your BAM account and look for the Payments and Billing section.
How To Make An Individual and Family Plan Payment
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) offers many ways for you to pay your monthly premium for your Individual and Family Health Care Plan.
Remember: You can continue to use your health care coverage as long as you keep your payments up-to-date.
Choose Which Situation Best Describes You:
I’m a New Member
I bought my 2018 BCBSNM health care plan:
- On the Marketplace*
- With a licensed agent
- After completing a paper application
Make your first premium payment to finish your application:
- *Please allow 48 hours for your application to process. You can then make your payment once this processing is complete.
I’m Already a Member
I’m making my first 2018 payment for the:
- 2018 health care plan that BCBSNM selected for me
- Current 2017 health care coverage
I have now and will keep in 2018
Visit Blue Access for MembersSM (BAMSM) to make your payment:
- New 2018 health care plan I bought (not the plan BCBSNM selected for me):
PAYMENT OPTIONS AFTER YOUR FIRST PAYMENT
Once your first payment is made, you can then continue making your monthly payments by using the options below (online, phone, mail and in-person).
Call BCBSNM Customer Service at 1-800-538-8833 and select Make a Payment from the Existing Member options. You can either:
- Pay by debit card using a one-time electronic funds transfer (EFT).
- Set up a recurring EFT with our EZ Blue Payment OptionSM Program.
Mail a personal check, money order or cashier's check to BCBSNM. Be sure you:
- Mail your payment to the address on your bill.
- Make the check payable to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico.
- Write your account/member ID number on your check, money order or cashier's check.
- Include the payment coupon that was sent to you with your bill.
- Send your payment at least 5 business days in advance of the payment due date to ensure timely posting to your account.
- The in-person option is not available for your first payment. After your first payment, your following payments can be made with cash at MoneyGram® locations near you (including most Walmart's, ACE Cash Express and CVS stores) . MoneyGram locations in Walmart and Albertsons stores also take debit card payments.
- Bring a copy of your bill, which includes your account or billing ID number and your "receive code," with your payment.